Design Milk, September 2013
Ognisko Polskie is on 55 Exhibition Road in Brompton’s design district. The Polish Hearth Club, as it translates, was opened in 1940 to provide a meeting place for emigrants, both during the war and in the following decades, after a communist regime was installed in Poland. “If the spirit of pre-war Warsaw has survived anywhere it is in the rooms of the Ognisko Polskie,” wrote historian Norman Davies.
All copy is reproduced here as it was supplied by Katie Treggiden to the client or publication.